McDonald’s Opened Its First Location in San Bernardino, California
There were two brothers named Richard and Maurice McDonald. They founded their first McDonald’s in San Bernardino, California, in 1940. Before McDonald’s existed, they called it McDonalds Bar-B-Q. It used to be a carhop drive-in for about eight years before they decided to specialize in burgers and french-fries.
The original premises were located at 1398 North E Street in San Bernardino. Unfortunately, it’s no longer in operation. The building is being used as the headquarters for Juan Pollo Restaurants; it houses a McDonald’s Museum.